BRIEF OVERVIEW OF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
- School opened April, 1957 in Beaconsfield Ave, Midvale, due to enthusiasm of the Franciscan Fathers.
- Staffed by the Daughters of Charity with 30-50 children
- Sr Xavier was the first headmistress
- 1966 St Anthony’s first open day
- 1967 The first lay teachers were appointed
- 1968 Daughters of Charity had to withdraw from school and St Anthony’s was forced to close.
- 1969 School closed
- 1970 St Anthony’s reopened with the Sister of St Joseph, Sr Stephanie first principal.
- 1972 Approximately 150 children
- 1977 Enough children for 7 straight grades
- 1982 School logo was designed.
- 1983 First lay Principal, Mr. Terry Palmer, appointed. First Pre-primary class commenced in Church Hall.
- 1984 Last Josephite, Sr Philomena, left school.
- 1986 School Board starts to plan relocation.
- 1988 Years 1 & 2 classrooms were built on new site.
- 1989 School oval constructed through the efforts of parents working on weekends.
- 1990 Whole school operating in Greenmount.
- 1997 First Kindy classes commence in Church Hall.
- 2010 BER Project enabled transportable buildings to be sold and moved to be replaced with “state of the art” School Assembly Hall, T Room, Music Room, 3 Individual Music Teaching Rooms, Sports Room, Uniform Shop, Canteen and Multi-purpose Room/”Out of School Care” Room at a cost of $3.1 million
- 2013 3 Year Olds commenced.
- 2014 Renovation/upgrade of the school library to Learning Resource Centre
- 2015 Development of a Music Garden and outdoor chess/draughts
- 2016 Upgrade to Early Childhood outdoor facilities
- 2017 Adventure Playground was installed
- 2018 School Carpark was renovated and upgraded
- 2022 Administration Building was demolished and rebuilt